Monday, September 16, 2013

Red Apple Market

A former colleague introduced me to Red Apple market back in 1991. It was and is my primary source for the Matouk's ketchup that my DH can't live without. BTW, if you haven't tried "Trini ketchup" you've just got to! It does not compare to anything else out there! Apart for DH's obsession with covering every meal with it, I use ketchup in soups, beans, stews along with my Golden Ray. Red Apple is also my source for Golden Ray (adds that rich, creole flavor - inside joke!), oxtails, pig feet, pig tail, peas and beans, frozen breadfruit, frozen pigeon peas, salt fish and fruits like papaya, mangoes, tamarind, as well as callaloo bush and ochroes. From time to time you can also find fresh breadfruit and fresh sorrel. At Christmas time you can get dried fruit for fruit cake and sweet bread. Red Apple is a hike from where I live, so I usually stop by and stock up! Staff has always been some of the most pleasant I've run into anywhere!

If you go, I'd love to hear about the goodies you bought.

Red Apple Market
7645 New Hampshire Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912
(301) 434-1810

No comments:

Post a Comment