Friday, July 26, 2013

It begins ...

As I mentioned in one of my recent posts, back in June, DH and I traveled to St Croix for 9 wonderful days.  We'd previously been to St Thomas (very bustling) and St John (calm and serene and expensive) but never made it over to St Croix.  A Skyauction peaked my interest and I did some research, chose a property, won the auctions (yes, two) and then convinced DH that St Croix was the next island we were meant to visit. 

Because of work comittments (DH) and health issues (me) the earliest we could travel was late June AKA hurricane season.  Luckily, since it was early in the season, chances were that a hurricane would miss us.  For some reason hurricane season really starts churning in September and October, so we crossed our fingers.  Our prayers were answered.  We departed on time and arrived home on time.  Once again (2nd time in one year) one of our bags was misplaced but once again it was on our return home.  Go figure, it was a suitcase filled with dirty clothes and American Airlines delivered our bag the day after we got home.

I hope you will indulge me but my next few blog posts will recount in some detail in words and pictures our recent trip to St Croix.  I cannot say how much a surprise it was that I enjoyed St Croix so much.  Sure, it is no Turks & Caicos or Anguilla, but it made it to our top 5 islands!



In the  St Croix Botanic Garden 
with my favorite vegetable -- the Breadfruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment