Sunday, April 14, 2013

New beginnings

My Mom (now deceased) used to say I had itchy feet because I loved to travel.  Hence the name of this brand new blog "Itchy Feet".  I feel very fortunate that both of my parents encouraged and supported my desire to travel starting with my first big trip to Mexico in 1983.  What a trip!  Almost three weeks with a bunch of teenage girls traveling across the width and breadth of Mexico in a tour bus with no parents!  We had a couple chaperons though.  

I also feel fortunate that I was born on an island where you had to learn other languages in high school.  Having to learn other languages developed my appreciation for the Spanish and French languagse.  Thirty years since my 1981 trip to Mexico, I still have itchy feet and I am still on a quest to see new places and meet new people.  In 1991 I met the love of my life and together we've been doing our best to visit every island in the Caribbean.  

Through this blog I hope to share pictures, thoughts and insight about the places we've been and the places yet to visit.  

At any time please feel free to ask any detailed questions about the places I've been and I'll do my best to answer them.

I wish you safe and happy travels.


Where my thirst for travel began ... Mexico in 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment